There are many wheat free cookie recipes out there.
But this one created by Genevieve, from Plate to Palate, uses oat flour and almond butter as the main ingredients. Another winner for your kids to enjoy!
Serves: about 20 cookies
• ½ cup original almond butter
• ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
• ⅓ cup cane sugar (or demerara or brown sugar)
• 1 egg
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¾ cup oat flour (this is just oats ground up in a food processor until fine)
• ¼ to ½ cup dark chocolate melted over brain marie
• Flaky salt, for sprinkling (Maldon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the oat flour.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the lined cookie sheet, spacing them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden underneath and on the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt (and temper if you want to) the chocolate.
- Dip one half of each cookie into the chocolate and place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with some flaky salt and leave to set.
Now you have another snack box option for your little ones!